Friday, April 08, 2005

Churchill: It's All a Misunderstanding

Renowned University of Colorado educator, Ward Churchill, responded to questions about his ethnic background by explaining that he misunderstood what his mother and grandmother told him. "I thought Grandma said she was Indian, but actually she was from Indiana. Back in those days Mom was a big fan of the Cleveland Indians, too, so it was important to her that I keep up that family tradition." Flashing that rhetorical brilliance that got him where he is today, Churchill added, "I am who my grandmother said I was. I am who my mother said I was. I will be, irrespective of any determination of a committee, with which I will not cooperate. It has nothing to do with nothing."

This page is from the original Don't Let Me Stop You blog. We have moved to a new site: Visit DLMSY on WordPress.


Return to main page of Don't Let Me Stop You