Sunday, June 25, 2006

Vietnam Veterans Memorial

Viet Vets Memorial
My friend, Joy Kovar, took this beautiful picture of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, DC. Thanks, Joy, for permitting me to post it here.

She was using it as the wallpaper on her computer desktop, and it's quite striking in that mode. The small width available here doesn't really do it justice. If you click on the picture you can see a somewhat larger version on Flickr.

I've been to the memorial half a dozen times now. It's such a powerful site, and I still get choked up when I visit it. I didn't lose anyone close to me in the Vietnam War. I don't have any specific names to look for when I'm there at the wall. In a way, though, being there makes me feel connected to everyone listed and their families.

This page is from the original Don't Let Me Stop You blog. We have moved to a new site: Visit DLMSY on WordPress.


Return to main page of Don't Let Me Stop You