Sunday, February 19, 2006

Untold Story

Here's a story from Iraq by a guy who lived it, Robert C. J. Parry. It's about the positive, heroic actions of his unit, and how those have apparently gotten lost in the PR flap about the misdeeds of a few. His article appeared in the LA Times (and made it to the Lincoln Journal Star), so perhaps that's a hopeful sign.
LAST MONTH I returned from Iraq, swapping my desert camouflage for a suit and tie to resume my desk job at a Century City firm. For the first time in 18 months I was separated from my battalion, the 1st of the 184th Infantry Regiment, which was among the first California Army National Guard units to be sent into combat since the Korean War.
The article can't really be summarized, so you'll have to read it all, but it's well worth it.

This page is from the original Don't Let Me Stop You blog. We have moved to a new site: Visit DLMSY on WordPress.


Return to main page of Don't Let Me Stop You